When you think about it, Ralph Waldo Emerson pioneered the concept of Brand Marketing back in 1840. His philosophy focused on being a leader, embracing disruptive innovation, breaking through the marketing noise, and delivering an amazing customer experience. His mantra, “Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”
Now, isn’t that precisely how to create a winning brand? Go where there is no path and leave a trail. Focus your brand, engage in bold and disruptive thinking, embrace innovation, create your unique ‘Brand Voice’, capture mindshare, hone in on delivering a compelling brand promise, create a new product category or dominate your category and become the best-selling brand in your market segment.
- GoFundMe is online fundraising
- Zumba is fun & fitness dance party
- Fresh Express is packaged salad to-go
- FedEx is overnight delivery
- Mont Blanc is designer fat pen
- Titleist is #1 ball in golf
- Domino’s is delivery
- Swatch is fashion watches
- Tide Stick is detergent on-the-go
- Q-Tips is cotton swab
- Alpine Lace is low-fat cheese
- Duracell is long lasting battery
- Purell is mobile disinfectant
- OpenTable trail is online restaurant reservations
Each of these brands is laser-beamed focused, known for one thing. They own something special in the customer’s mind, are driving brand preference and customer loyalty to new heights and building business value.
What word(s) do you own in the customer’s mind?
Successful brands are not simply great marketing campaigns – they are great business stories. Take a deep-dive, fresh look at your business. Develop new game-changing ideas, strategies and messaging that target a mindset, communicate your distinctive value proposition, and emotionally connect with your customer to drive brand engagement.
Make your brand a great business story! Make your brand “their brand.”